Operations and illnesses can leave you feeling helpless and stranded, that’s why it’s important to pick a reliable and compassionate post-acute care facility. Choosing a facility can be difficult. What do you look for? What should you consider? What do you need? These are all important questions that can help you choose where to go after a hospital stay. This decision isn’t an easy one, so learn what questions to ask and take time to research different facilities to choose one that best suits your needs.
South Coast Post Acute is the choice recovery center for patients, providers, and caregivers in southern California. With more than 40 years of experience, our expert staff has been providing quality rehabilitative, memory, and long-term health services to our patients. Our article below details what to look for when choosing a post-acute care facility.
Make Sure Your Post-Acute Care Facility Meets Your Needs
Patients will have different needs following hospitalization, and the post-acute care facility you select afterwards should meet these needs. What are the basic specifications you should look for in a facility? There are many factors to be considered, but here are a few:
- Location: Decide if the location of the facility matters to you. Do you want to be close to your friends and family? If so, check to see if they have friends and family visiting hours. Do you feel safe at the location? If not, ask what the facility does to ensure the security of its patients.
- Patient Satisfaction: Guarantee that the facility you are looking at has high levels of patient recovery and satisfaction. You will also want to consider the patient rehospitalization rate. These will dictate the overall care experience.
- Cleanliness: Whether it’s a long- or short-term stay, you will want to guarantee that the care facility is clean, comfortable, and attractive. This place should feel like a home away from home, so consider the temperature, smell, lighting, etc.
Ask Questions to Your Post-Acute Care Facility
Once you decide on your top choices for a facility, you may want to see them in person before making a decision. If this is not possible, talking to them on the phone may be just as beneficial. Either way, you will be able to ask them vital questions relating to their patient care experience.
Some questions you may want to ask are:
- Where will I be staying?
- Do you offer any additional services?
- What is the plan of care and how can you ensure that it will be effectively carried out?
- Who will be caring for me? What is their background?
These conversations should show the company’s transparency, communication skills, and let you get a sense of who will be caring for you. From there, you can decide where you feel most comfortable and “at home.” Whether it’s a long- or short-term stay, you want your time at a post-acute care facility to be as safe and pleasant as possible.
South Coast Post Acute is a Recognized Post-Acute Care Facility
As a 5-star rated Medicare facility, South Coast Post Acute is here to help you with your rehabilitation. Under the direction of highly skilled and experienced physicians, we provide high-quality post-acute care to our patients. When choosing to stay at South Coast Post Acute, you’re not just choosing care, you’re also choosing experience and compassion. As southern California’s leading post-acute provider, let us help ease the stress after hospitalization. Contact us today to get back on your feet in no time!