Many of us pay a price for the nice, warmer weather… Allergies. It is important to look for signs that come with seasonal allergies.
Symptoms include sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes, fatigue and sleep disturbance Allergy symptoms can be dangerous to seniors, especially those with breathing or cardiovascular issues. Here are 4 tips to help you get through allergy season more smoothly:
- Eat foods such as apples, leafy greens, yogurt, walnuts and anything high in Vitamin C. These foods are known to help fight inflammation and can decrease your symptoms.
- Avoid opening windows to decrease the amount of pollen entering your home or car.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after going outdoors. Consider even showering or changing into fresh clothes.
- Stay inside when pollen count is high. You can find out how much pollen is in the air by looking at weather service reports.
- Take the appropriate medication to counteract allergy season.
Our healthcare professionals have helped patients recover and return home safely for over 40 years. Nobody likes having allergies, that is why South Coast Post Acute is happy to help however we can. Contact us today for more tips on how to control allergies.
Real People. Remarkable Care. South Coast Post Acute.