One of the many intensive medical and physical rehabilitation care options South Coast Post Acute offers is rehab after strokes. Looking at options after something as scary as a stroke can be intimidating. Our South Coast skilled nursing rehabilitation and therapy can help you regain independence and a strong quality of life. Rehabilitation comes from the Latin, “habilitas” which means, “to make able again.” Let us help you be able, capable, and strong.
We are committed to you.
Our medical and therapeutic teams are centered around and committed to the patient. The team, made up of professionals excellent in their fields, sets short-and-long-term treatment goals. The teams are made up of:
- Internal and rehabilitative medical physicians
- Skilled, 24-hours-a-day registered nurses
- Physical therapists
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Social workers
- Discharge specialists
Getting to hope
Due to advances in stroke rehabilitation, the prognosis for clients recovering from such trauma is hopeful. It is helpful for family members to learn about the changes and challenges caused by the stroke. We all work here at South Coast Post Acute to help our patients become strong and capable again. In treating stroke patients we look at:
- Treating the basic disease and preventing complications
- Treating the disability and improving function
- Providing adaptive tools
- Working with the patient to adapt to lifestyle changes
The main types of disabilities strokes can cause are:
- Problems controlling movement: walking, balancing, swallowing, and even moderate-to-severe paralysis
- Sensory disturbances: the ability to feel touch, pain, or temperature
- Trouble using or understanding the language
- Cognitive and memory problems
- Emotional challenges and outbursts
Rehabilitation at South Coast Post Acute after a stroke can help patients:
- Recover from the turbulent effects of a stroke
- Relearn skills
- Learn and employ coping and adaptive strategies and ability
- Gain greater dexterity and mobility
- Utilize speech, physical, and occupational therapy
When dealing with strokes, and at every turn, we are here for you.
At South Coast Post Acute, we are by your side through every step of your post-acute journey. With compassionate and exceptional staff, we support all of your medical and health goals. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Real People. Remarkable Care. South Coast Post Acute.